When robotic process automation (RPA) is getting more and more popular in the market, several tools are coming to provide their software. But what is RPA, and why are so many tools being invented to get this process done? RPA is a technique where the human workforce is being replaced with robots in order to do daily repetitive tasks. This innovation helps employees to focus more on doing creative and quality activities as well as helps a lot of businesses and companies to complete tasks in a smooth and precise manner. UiPath is also one of those RPA technology vendors which mainly comes in three parts: UiPath Studio, UiPath Robot, and UiPath Orchestrator. These technology vendors provide designs and deliver software that eventually helps these automate businesses.
Why Do We Need To Debug and Code UiPath?
You are making a very large project, giving all of your efforts, using different techniques but at the time of execution it fails, and you are wondering why! Well, the answer might be hiding in the absence of debugging in your project. When you are executing your code, it is very important that it is error-free. Debugging in computer programming does that work perfectly for you. As the name says, it is the process of finding bugs that come between your code and output and resolving them efficiently. It helps you to make your code errors, problems, and defects free. Debugging should always be done in programming before the actual implementation especially when you are creating an automation project.
UiPath Debugging and Coding Guide
- First install UiPath in your system: https://www.uipath.com/community
- Start setting up the software.
- Once you start to create your project, you can run or debug your code/project. Both options are available in the “Design” and “Debug” tabs of the menu.
- To run the project, you can directly select the “Run” tab or press Ctrl+F5 and Run File / Ctrl+F6 to run the present file.
- For debugging, you can either click “Debug” or simply use a shortcut by pressing F5 that will debug your entire project.
- If you want to debug just your current file, you can choose the option “Debug File” or shortcut key F6.
- If you want to perform various debug actions like Step Into, Step Over, Ignore, Focus, etc., you can always stop the debugging process by clicking the Break button. This will pause your debugging activity and highlight the remaining part of the code.
- Once you are done using debug actions, click “Continue”.
- Try using different debugging methods present in the ribbon option.
Debugging and coding is an essential part especially when you are implementing a large project. The larger the code, the tighter it becomes to perform debugging actions. However, it reduces the level of false output, makes your project clean and bug-free.
SmartOSC DX offers one of the best RPA services for every business. If you are interested in applying RPA into your company, contact us to get a free demo version of the world-class product.