It is no secret to anyone that we are facing an invasion of robots. Bots or software robots have been taking over our companies discreetly and silently, automating repetitive and low-value processes for the business. That until recently had to be done by one person over and over again as part of their job duties.
This use of technology to which more and more companies are joining is called robotic process automation and offers them great benefits.
Overview of Robotic Process Automation
Robotic Process Automation, or RPA, is a technology that allows you to configure computer software or robot to emulate and execute in an integrated and autonomous (or semi-autonomous) way the actions or steps of human interaction with certain digital systems, in such a way that it can execute a commercial process.
In other words, it is programming a virtual robot to do what a person would do on their computer such as data entry, standard transaction processing, or answering simple customer service questions in a more expeditious, safer, and uninterrupted way.
How does RPA robotic process automation work?
RPA works by replicating the actions of a human being that interacts with applications or systems to perform different tasks, through a sequence of scripts that are executed by the bot under a defined set of business rules.
The operation of the types of process automation software varies depending on the tool that is being used and the type of process that is being automated. However, there are some basic principles for all: programming interfaces and systems integration.
What are the benefits of implementing RPA?
A robot does not have the needs of a worker: it does not have to rest, or go to the bathroom, or get sick. What’s more, it can work 24 hours a day performing tasks from different areas of the organization. In general, robots can reduce the execution time of those tasks significantly and also reduce the number of errors that humans may have previously made during the process. Thus, several benefits derive from a correct implementation of RPA in your company.
– Saved Work Hours: RPA takes care of repetitive tasks saving valuable time and resources, plus they cost less than a full-time employee.
– Error reduction: The fatigue or lack of knowledge that generates human errors does not happen with bots, so the rate of error is reduced.
– Agility and increased productivity: Robots do more in less time, and there is no waste of time correcting errors.
– Improve response and fulfillment times: Automation reduces the risk of delays by introducing precision into your operations.
– Leverage Employee Time: Automate repetitive administrative processes, allows human workers to focus on complex, value-added tasks for the business.
SmartOSC DX provides RPA solutions that design and develop bots and digital workers to adapt to the execution of simple and complex tasks. Contact us for more information.
►►►► See our products: Consulting and implementing solutions RPA, Magento POS, BigCommerce POS, Shopify POS, Woocommerce POS, Restaurant POS, NetSuite POS, Thailand POS, South Africa POS and Commercetools POS