Automation can be achieved by implementing RPA (robotic process automation) or BPM (business process management). By expanding efforts, organizations can implement a mixture of automation technologies, termed as ‘hyper automation’. BPM and RPA tend to form the very foundation of several automation strategies. They are vital to achieve successful digital transformation.
About BPM (Business Process Management)
It is termed to be a discipline to discover, evaluate, automate, design as well as optimize business processes. BPM software is used to improve & simply BPM techniques. A few common features include:
- Process execution engine.
- Repository for handling metadata modeling.
- Rule modeling ability or graphical business process.
RPA & BPM combination: Know the benefits
- Managing exceptions: Human intervention will be required through an exception path or case management if RPA bot tends to encounter a case. This process can be streamlined with BPM by defining how to monitor and handle exceptions. Ensuring continuous forward movement of the process helps enhance efficiency.
- Employee productivity: Repetitive and time-consuming human tasks can be automated by RPA technologies. No more do employees require performing mundane tasks as they can now focus on higher value tasks. It helps enhance job satisfaction & boosts employee morale, thereby boosting overall productivity.
- Legacy Application Integration: When integrating legacy applications, organizations might encounter difficulties. Perhaps, there might not be present an application or API to support web services. Integration development can be impractical and cost-prohibitive. However, organizations may reduce costs and implement RPA-based integration by combining RPA and BPM.
- Approval process decisions: It is not possible to automate all decisions within an approval process. BPM & RPA can be combined to automate few decisions and to route vital ones allowing stakeholders to review. Manual processes that are related to small decisions can be eliminated with RPA technologies. Approval procedures can be automated with BPM, thereby developing a more defined and efficient approval process while enhancing efficiency.
- Eliminates bottlenecks: Swivel chair activities are generally experienced by organizations. In such tasks, employees are required to enter data manually in multiple systems. Bottlenecks may be faced by swivel chairs, thereby making employees to commit costly errors. With RPA, such repetitive, manual processes can be automated, thus helping employees to have better focus on their core tasks. Processes involving a blend of BPM and RPA will leave behind an audit trail, thereby allowing companies to migrate risks.
Adopting BPM software helps organizations to derive a solid foundation to orchestrate and automate different processes. On selecting BPM software solution, select a platform providing low-code functionality. It allows easy integration with popular RPA solutions. SmartOSC DX provides a business process management system that can allow your organization to achieve seamless automation integration and hyper automation. The professionals at this company can be contracted through contact form! They collaborate with UiPath to provide quality business automation. Discussing with them your specific needs is sure to implement the very best automation solutions in your business. This way, you can take your organization to the next level, improve productivity and customer satisfaction.