RPA (Robotic Process Automation) can help drive operational improvements if implemented properly. Although it comes with a variety of automation abilities, a few operations are found to be more suitable to benefit from automation.
It will be wise to consider first simpler processes and only after getting familiar with RPA should go ahead with automating complex activities. Companies can attain sure success if rule-based activities get automated.
5 relevant factors to consider determining if business process suits automation
- Complexity: RPA can automate simple processes like typing or copy-paste activity including complex tasks like accounts payable or fraud detection. Human intervention frequency, number of steps involved in task execution and number of systems/applications determine process complexity. However, automating highly complex activities can be difficult, requiring more investments and be time consuming. Automating simple processes first will allow the business to learn about the RPA software better. On achieving initial small automation success, transitioning to higher level tasks can be much easier.
- Employee involvement: Most operational processes may suit automation. They are those that are time consuming; depend highly on employee involvement and attention, impacted by transactional demand changes. Some relevant activities include claims & order processing, customer information entry into the database or data migration. Manual activities when automated will allow less error prone and quicker execution.
- Stability & Standardization: RPA suits highly definable, repeatable tasks. Such activities can be termed to be data-driven, consistent and rules based. RPA is not suitable to automate unstable, non-standardized and constantly changing tasks that cannot be defined easily. Moreover, considerations should be addressed if the task is carried out at the back-office or front-office setting.
- Volume: A good number of organizations, service providers and online businesses follow defined opening hours. This means, they experience requests, orders and complaints in huge volumes, round the clock, even during holidays & weekends. Relying entirely on human employees, it is possible to address this workload if all employees are available. RPA can address such high volume tasks efficiently while ensuring greater productivity.
- Outsourcing difficulty: Business activities, especially those in the financial sector need regulatory compliance at a very high level. Such enhanced security might not be possible to maintain or achieve with offshoring. This is because organizations may experience less direct control and oversight, especially if their processes are BPO provider managed. RPA can help gain control on internal transaction execution while enabling developing robust compliance strategies.
RPA can be successfully implemented in any industry or company. The technology can be applied in different ways in almost every automation scenario. Organizations seeking RPA journeys are likely to have varying operational and automation goals when compared to RPA veterans. If you are planning to implement R PA for the first time, then you may contact the professionals at SmartOSC DX through their https://rpa.smartosc.com/contact-us. They will evaluate your business process to find out if automation will be a suitable solution or not. If found suitable, then your business is likely to be benefitted immensely! So will your vendors, employees and customers.
►►►► See our products: RPA, Magento POS, BigCommerce POS, Shopify POS, Woocommerce POS, Restaurant POS, Hybrid Workplace System, Workplace management software, Coworking Management Software, NetSuite POS, Thailand POS, South Africa POS and Commercetools POS