RPA already has demonstrated its ability to enhance performance and reduce costs in a wide range of industries. It will promote governments and public sector authorities to examine it as a contender for enhancing citizen services with fewer resources and lower prices. As per a state authority, the following benefits had already been accomplished:
- RPA has already been embraced by 65 percent of federal departments and 41% of state bodies to make work easier.
- RPA is seen as a core component for utilizing AI and ML skills by 61% of federal agencies and 49% of state agencies.
- 51-100 bots were deployed by 26% of departments, while 101-200 bots were deployed by 15%.
RPA 07 Use Cases in the Government and Public Sector
Following are some of the top use cases in the government and public sector:
- Input of data
In public institutions, officers can use RPA data input for analyzing reports, claims, and court documents, among other things. Bots can extract information in the form of structured data from internet materials or unstructured information from scanned papers.
- Migration of data
RPA bots may move and migrate data between government old systems and organization platforms. Bots may also scan for duplication, inform users, and eliminate superfluous data from the platform.
- Evaluation and approval of applications
Citizens use government internet portals to fill out various paperwork and requests. RPA bots may answer citizen questions, verify applicant identity and customer data.
- Creating a report
RPA bots use optical character recognition (OCR) to read the text in photos and documents. Thus, it can gather pertinent data, and create reports.
- Tracking COVID-19 Information
RPA Bots can track government records of Covid-19 isolation. The system can also integrate immunization lists that can be connected with Covid-19 tracking RPA bots.
- Enhancement of security
RPA can improve both physical and cyber security. Thus, it puts public sector records in the safest place online.
- An examination of public opinion
RPA bots can gather information from internet platforms on the public’s perceptions of various government agencies, services, or workers.
What problems does RPA encounter in the public sector?
The following are some of the barriers to RPA adoption in the government and public sector:
- The main challenge concerns the abuse of the bot credentials.
- Another concern is related to third-party access
- Due to a complete lack of expert capabilities, 63 percent of firms require the services of a specific third-party partner. This might provide unauthorized people or corporations access to important information.
- Lack of understanding of RPA capabilities. Due to inexpert staff in RPA, 27 percent of state agencies said they have no idea what RPA is.
- 25% of state agencies are unsure which procedures to automate.
Contact SmartOSC DX
SmartOSC DX is a reliable and smart RPA service. SmartOSC DX is primarily focused on RPA-related consultation, implementation, synchronization, and customization. SmartOSC DX’s services for the government and public sector include everything from RPA technology deployment to automated fundamental transformation, consultation, and maintenance, as well as training your employees on the implementation strategy. We offer great-quality RPA services for the government and public sector.
If you would like to discuss the RPA projects, contact us on our website.